Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] MC helicity and ep montecarlo

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 00:29:13 EDT

Hi, Chi, Chris!
I just finished looking at a new 10K event GEANT run.
I was passing beam polarization (-0.7) and target polarization (-0.55)
into POL(1) and POL(2), and then I was calling WRITECODAVERTEX(), like I
should...
I only wanted to see some histograms for these two quantities.
I am using BlastLib2 v2 and the latest lrn.C form pro2003/analysis/utils.
However, I cannot see the numbers I expected, after doing lrn on the
event.coda file I get.

All I get is 0 (zero), only hel is -9 (default value, as I saw in lrn.C).
Detector info is fine (p, theta, phi, z, q etc.)...
I do not understand why this is - probably I do not understand how the
reconstruction stuff does this? I thought I should have seen 10K events in
-0.7 and 10K events in -0.55, for beam pol and target pol respectively...

Thanks - I appreciate an answer, as this is bugging me!

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu