[BLAST_SHIFTS] B shift summary, 6-18

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 14:03:05 EDT

This shift was largely devoted to working on the apparatus. Had a Hall
access at the outset of the shift to address a vacuum excursion in the
ABS. Ops then tuned beam for about an hour to try to improve maximum
current and lifetime. In the meantime, we decided to open the South Hall
and Ring to fill the Siberian Snakes and to repair the unpolarized gas
feed system. The Hall is slated to remain open well into the evening.
When we resume and beam has been restored, ion polarimeter measurements
will resume and we will take unpolarized hydrogen data.

Bill

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*