[BLAST_ANAWARE] MySQL db security

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:25:50 EDT

Hi!
When people think we start having important data in the BLAST_physics
database (which has been set up for a while but not used yet - just
tested for elog, from what I recently heard), I should be
told so that I set up security. This (knowing the BLAST_physics is in use
now) would also prevent us from doing exercises like dropping tables etc.
The way we have things right now, we have a few users with global access
to all databases (including BLAST_physics) - this has been necessary for
things like setting up the HVGUI, which still needs to be able to access
the temporary BLASTwc database, until we migrate completely to
BLAST_physics...

I also gave Tancredi the location of our MySQL data, so that Ernie can
back it up. For future reference, that is in /usr/var/lib/mysql.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu