[BLAST_SHIFTS] runplan fri 20/6 and elogbook

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 18:12:20 EDT

Hello, provided we get a stable beam back the ion polarimeter will take
beam until midnight. After ion pol we start taking data with BLAST on, L/T
hf at full field (250 and 500 A) on the unpol system. We will take these
data for false asymmetry studies, the ABS target and beam helicity should
be flipping. Try a flow of 0.1 or 0.05 SCCM H2. The target stays warms at
all times.

While on shift the elog will prompt you a the checklist at every beginning
and end of the run. I have attached screenshots for such events. These are
all the instructions you need:

There are two phases

------------------------------
PHASE 1:
At the beginning of the run you are asked to input various configuration
information (is the beam polarized ? blast on ? e- inbending ? L/T hf ?
are you cycling the ABS ? and how many states ?...) which your are
supposed to know and report.

Click done.

---------------------------------------
PHASE 2:
At the end of the run a second window comes up. It will present you the
same info for correction, plus you can also add info on which detectors
were on, comments. In addition there are two more important checkboxes:

_ Is this configuration correct ? Answer no if unsure. Nothing bad will
happen but it will be easy for people to correct this info later (we have
a neat interface to the db for that)

_ does this run contain valid data ? If you check this box the run is
"good" and is flagged for crunching which (soon) will be done immediately.

click Done

now you can start another run. The info from the last run is preserved
so that you won't have to retype it all over again.

You can further submit elog report using the elog icon on the blast
machines: there is a link to the elog web page from the blast web page.

Tancredi Botto,  		phone: +1-617-253-9204  mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist		MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av    Middleton MA, 01949

2003_06_20_175920_shot.jpg
2003_06_20_180015_shot.jpg