[BLAST_SHIFTS] B shift 6/25

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 16:48:37 EDT

On shift: Bill Franklin and Haiyan Gao

Data taking on deuterium went smoothly during the morning with the
exception of one instance where CODA needed to be restarted. Late in the
morning, we elected to raise the maximum stored current from 80 mA to 100
mA. However, this had the effect of reducing the signal to background
ratio in the wire chambers and we are evaluating whether to keep the limit
this high. In addition, throughout the day, the high voltage was
generally tripping after each fill. This appeared to be related to the
ring fill software ramping up ion polarimeter voltages as it could be
prevented by setting those voltages to OFF. At 1:00, we stopped taking
data temporarily for Adam to correct the high voltage database for the ion
polarimeter and for a mismapped detector in the Compton polarimeter.
This should eliminate the HV tripping. We took a few more runs, but late
in the shift a problem developed with the phasing of the accelerator which
reduced the efficiency of injection then prevented it altogether. Ops are
working on restoring beam to the Ring at present.

Runs 1112 and 1115-1121 were taken and crunched (1113 and 1114 are junk).

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*