[BLAST_SHIFTS] A shift summary, 6.27.3

From: Jason Seely (seely@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 07:58:15 EDT

E. Geis, J. Seely

Polarized Deuterium running. good runs: 1147, 1152-1156 (~1.7 M
events). mostly smooth running except for various small interruptions
from HV, Compton and CODA crashes. runs are crunching now.

restarted CODA once at beginning of shift.

HV: HV Crate R1 continually tripped at the beginning of the shift.
tried changing DV on suspected problem channel (slot 6, ch. 6), but
changed it back to its nominal value. crate stopped tripping and we
continued to run. This crate started tripping later in the shift.
Rebooted the crate in the D tunnel, still tripped. We suspected the
problem channel was slot 6, ch. 8 and attempted to set DV to zero and
got no trip. Then tried to change DV to -2000 V, but DV actually stayed
at origninal nominal value. Tripping stopped after about 10 trips and
we continued running without slot6ch6 (this corresponds to RC1,bottom
2). It's not clear why we weren't able to change DV. WC were quiet
most of the night. Only 2 trips (on HV Crate R2) around 6:30

Compton had to be restarted a few times, but no major problems.

ABS was stable all night. set at 60 sccm, read back was 23-24 sccm.

turned over to Genya for ion polarimeter studies at 8am

EG JS

jason seely
26.650.b
massachusetts institute of technology