Re: [BLASTTALK] Ion Pol shift results

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 12:39:42 EDT

The MFT transition was not tuned well because the gradient field power
supplies were set to local control and this precluded us from setting
the NEGATIVE current remotely. It did not preclude us from setting the
POSITIVE and I don't why. At any rate, when Zhenya set the gradient
current to -1 Amp it was in fact set to zero. This is why he could not
find the transition and had to look for another one, with zero grad
field. He found it but it was very narrow (according to Hauke). I went
into the dtunnel this morning and fixed the problem and them went back
to Hauke's settting. The ligit now seems to drop the same amount for
all target states, which hopefuly means that all transitions have equal
efficiency.

Cheers, Vitaliy