[BLAST_ANAWARE] computers etc.

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 11:06:19 EDT

Hi!

> well, there is only so much room in the counting bay. At the least the
> compton now runs on dblast09 so we have freed up one more terminal. There
> are computers on the other side of the counting bay.
> There is no more space. Then we should go into the so called oops
> counting bay. So let it be it.

I totally agree with Chris and Chi (and Tancredi in that there is not so
much room in the counting bay).
Not only do we need more computers, I would say some of us (who do not
have this already) would also need a desk in a different place than
the counting bay, with a GOOD computer...
"Crunching" is not the only analysis we need to do, that is only pushing a
button at this point. Counting bay could be very crowded during the day
and it is hard to think sometimes with so many people talking around you.

This is a real issue in my opinion and I have been trying to get this
solved in different ways... I do not understand why it should be so hard
for a student to get a computer and a quiet spot someplace to look into
analysis.

Adrian