Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] computers etc.

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 12:20:28 EDT

Hi, yes I mean a terminal not necessarily another 3.0GHz CPU and maybe a
place where I can stick to a chair for 8 hours. it should be able to
accommodate 5 students at the same time.

by the way, dblast13 and dblast14 used for status display are 3GHz. Is it
possible to mount spud hard drives to them we can use those two CPUs with
spuds disk space? we may be able to do shift time crunch with them. right
now, we have 2 3GHz CPU's that are constantly 0% used.

Finally, could any one disable the screen saver on dblast13 and dblast14?
is there a reason that status display should go out and we must touch the
mouse every hour? it is sort of against the purpose of monitering the
system all the time, right?