Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Cerenkov gain matching

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 18:44:02 EDT

Hi, guys!
My understanding of the HVGUI is that you now write the values that you
want to the database directly from the GUI (besides, the GUI writes a
timestamp to the respective table). This feature was explicitly asked for
by Doug.

People working on different systems should be able to update their
voltages etc. through the HVGUI. Let me know if there is a problem with
that, and I will then do it the "old" way, writing to the db directly from
MysQL...

But, I repeat, if everything works as planned, then we should not need
this intermediary step - am I right, Adam? Can HVGUI write to the db now?
I know I gave all the MySQL permissions for that...

Another thing, when we display the "DV" - desired voltages, the GUI should
use the above mentioned timestamp and show the latest voltages. Do we have
this feature yet? I signaled this a couple of times, I do not know if it
has been implemented yet... I am pointing it out just so that we do not
forget.

Cheers!

Adrian