Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] reconstruction efficiencies

From: Frederick Tong-Uk Lee (tong@physics.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 10:41:33 EDT

Chi,

I like the dynamic cuts on stubs/segments/tracks.
Here is my suggestion:
Ch^2 Cut in stub is one number for all cells right now.
Maybe, we should change this to 1000 numbers; one for each cell.
We then try to minimize this ch^2 cuts based on each cell.
I am sure we can go lower than ch^2, 180, which is currently set for all
cells,
for the most of those cells. Our goal should be closer to 1 to 10.
When we are making fake stubs, we should give some identifier,
such as 3-hit-stub =3, 2-hit-stub=2, 1-hit-stub=1, no-hit-stub=0.
Actually, I have done this for 3 and 2 hit stub but numbering systems
slightly different. I actually use bit pattern to find out which wire
got hit, such as 7 (111) for all three wires hit and 6 (110) for first and
second wire got hit. You can use this bit pattern for 1 and 0 hit
stubs, too.
And then when we are fitting tracks, we use these information
for selecting the best track. As the calibration gets better, I am
confident
that tracks based on three hit and two hit stub will almost "always"
better than
those based on one and two hit stubs.

-T