Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] things that go bump in the night...

From: Adam Jon DeGrush (degrush@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 15:13:42 EDT

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Karen Dow wrote:

> If the HV is causing the inhibit (voltages in STBY, an HV trip,
> running the HV from the dumb terminal in the D Tunnel), then even the raw
> phototube scalers won't count. The discriminators are inhibited by the "HV
> not good" signal. Evidently power-cycling the HV crates brings the
> voltages back to OPER, but doesn't lift the inhibit. Presumably an
> autofill cycle would lift the inhibit, or there's beamgate_on .

Cycling the power kills the socket connection to the ioc. This means that
the linux ioc needs to be rebooted to control them so the question of what
state the crate is in after cycling is not meaningful.

When the ioc is rebooted, crates are on, the voltages are the OPER ones,
but the detector channels are disabled-meaning no voltage. the oper button
will turn the detectors on

Adam