[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 08/16/2003 Swing

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 20:29:43 EDT

Operators: alarcon tavi kohlm

Shit report from noon-8PM

Running smoothly since about 9:45 AM. Data is being crunched. We have analyzed runs 1979 to 1994 (toal charge about 600 C). There are about 10 good ep events/Coulomb over the entire detector which indicates than the target flow is within expectations. The script to analyze the data is show_ep_asym2.C.

The most important thing about the analysis right now is to keep up with data taking. Make sure data is being crunched, then get the CHARGE for every run (one by one), and filter the data one by one. All this is done in the analysis computer and shift takers now the commands. Then run the script.

It is very important to get a measurement of the beam polarization. The Compton polarimeter is running and we need to figure out how to get polarization (in the absence of Bill F.)

Another important thing to do this weekend (probably tomorrow earl;y afternoon) is to measure EMPTY cell for a few hours.