Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] tdc shift in unpol deuterium runs:

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:44:06 EDT

Hi John, Pete and Adrian,

First of all, I feel a little suprised that among a series of runs that
were taken within a short period of time, there were such a shift. I am
certain that among runs 1642 to 1799, 1703-1713 are the only ones with
different offsets, whatever source they come from and I am certain that
the difference was universal to all paddles in both sector. Nothing
uncorrectable.

not certain about the earlier ABS runs, just plot ttl in pad 0 and zoom in
to see if there are more than one peak. But I suspect, the unpol runs
dominates the statistics anyways.

The 20 channels difference between left and right is also extremely easy
to correct for by adding a constant value to all offsets in one sector.
If it is not correctable in electronics as John pointed out. In fact, I am
suprised again that we did so good that the difference is as small as it
is allowed by the progammable delays. One way or another, I think this
difference needs to be corrected for.

Database probably presents a more elegant solution. Although I believe
offsets, electronics map and so on are changed only once in a while but
after so many back and forth, I support recording them RUN BY RUN. thus it
is easy to go back and tell if one run is crunched with wrong
environments. A little waste of disk space is probably worth it.

Just woke up and thank you very much for the very quick response on a
Sunday.

Chi

P.S., FYI, the little green line in mass spectra plot marks 0.938GeV.