[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 09/06/2003 D (12-16)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 17:31:26 EDT

Operators: franklin tavi ----

Data acquisition continued during this shift. Beam was very stable (the chief
operator told me that there was an average of 87 mA in the Ring during the
20-8 shift last night and it has been comparable today. Unfortunately, we lost
about 2 hours due to a problem with the detector high voltage. The HV was
getting hung between OPER and STANDBY modes. This was eventually fixed,
but only after power cycling all crates locally, rebooting the IOC, and rebooting
dblast07 after killing off many stale medm processes. The IOC has different
boot scripts and we were unfortunately using the old one. I made a note about
this in the BLAST documentation. Ultimately only runs 2411, 2414, and 2415 had
valid data. All were crunched.

At the shift change we set up for an atomic fraction measurement with the ion
polarimeter. Used the tune with longitudinal field power supply at 50 Amps.
Atomic fraction was measured to be 42% with unpolarized gas and 38% with
the MFT on.