[BLAST_SHIFTS] run plan

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 18:44:32 EDT

Hello, the plan for the night and the weekend is to continue bckg studies
(empty, beam steering, blast field). Today we installed magnetic shielding
(single sheets enhanced mu-metal) around the beam pipe in the region where
the coils come close together. This did affect beam steering, in particular
this is now much reduced and therefore it seems possible that we can do a
careful scan of the beam position/angle, looking also at single arm rates.

_ Plan for tonight is to continue taking empty target data. Reconstruct
  a target z-spectrum for all events, and events in the HelasticL,R cuts.

_ I estimate we need 300-400 C of empty target data for some (low) statistics

_ Ideally we need one "high density" H run but since that can be done
  quickly (in the sense that the mfc can be dialed up/down accordingly)
  it should be done after the empty runs. Some H2 data was already taken.

- TB will come tomorrow morning to start beam position and bckg studies,
  then some more empty over night. Hopefully it will show a difference and/or
  features of the distribution of "wall events" can be picked up.

_ Depending on progress we may start investigating wch performance at low
  or no field on sunday evening.

* MK recommended HV conditioning of the LADS phototubes until monday.
Hopefully we'll have epics hv control by then. At some point we can start
trigger studies. Hopefully the buffer system will be installed next week.

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949