[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 09/16/2003 A (0-4)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 03:50:09 EDT

Operators: ajmasch shino ajmasch

Beam tuning finished around 10:00 pm. We had problem on the physics trigger and could not start data taking until around 0:00. We took data with H-1 target B_blast=0 and we do not see good wire chamber events in nsed (Run2594). We emptied the target to see if any improvements on the events might be noticed (Run2595). We did not find any significant change in events so asked CCR for beam tuning. They improved the beam conditions and restored yesterday's BQM values after ~20 min. of tuning. We are now collecting 1-sccm hydrogen target data with B_blast=0, again (Run2597), to see if there going to be any improvements noticed. If not, we are planning to set the blast current to 600A (~10% full strength). If there are good wire chamber events in 2597, we will continue taking data with the same condition until 7:30 am.

There seems to be a problem with the Compton crate. It keeps rebooting itself frequently, and finishing the booting process after a long period of time does not clear the problem, INT:0.