[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 09/29/2003 D (12-16)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 16:02:22 EDT

Operators: seely shino ----

After taking empty target runs with beam slits retreted, we scaned the beam position by measuring BQM rates, beam lifetime, and BPM rates with respect to the beam steering position and angle. The measurement was taken by Jason Seely, Dave Bethka, and Akihisa Shinozaki in the control room and supervised by Bill Franklin and Tancredi Botto. While the measurement, there was a problem in the beam steering coil: it's current changes while the measurement and we observed the short beam lifetimes. We had to measure them twice as a result. The primary data were recorded on the counting bay logbook. The BPM data were recorded in electronic files and the corresponding file names were recorded in the logbook. The more detailed beam steering coil parameters were recored in the CCR logbook by Dave. The result of the measurement will be reported later.