[BLAST_SHIFTS] TOF TDC Problem

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 20:13:11 EST

Hi!
After level 2 trigger was tried on Friday at 10 AM, Chris and Taylan
reported they lost all left TOF TDCs...
Next shift reported fixing the problem (i.e. getting TDCs back - see Web).
Unfortunately, while looking at data from last 200 or so runs (starting
right after shutdown) I saw from UNH that the timing for the left TOFs is
still messed up.
So starting from run 3629 - which corresponds exactly with the time Chris
and Taylan reported the problem, the left TOF TDCs are all over the place.

I am attaching two plots. In the first one you can see the timing was
pretty stable (almost a horizontal line until run 3629).
In the second plot I zoomed in some more, starting at run 3625 - it became
obvious then that the problem ocurred at 3629.

I left a message on Doug's phone. We probably have not lost much time
anyway, since we had the power failure and everything - but I wanted to
let people know that from here it looks like the left TOF TDCs are not
stable (I am using the recently written TOF monitor and errors are
possible, although unlikely - the right side looks just fine).

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu