Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] TOF TDC Problem

From: Vitaliy Ziskin (vziskin@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 21:00:42 EST

The trigger for the run 3701 was incorrect. I think that I download a
correct one now (run 3702 and on), but I'm not sure and I don't know how
to check it.

                                                        Vitaliy

John Calarco wrote:

>If there has been a sudden time shift in coincidence with a lab power
>outage, has anyone checked that the correct settings for the trigger
>(delays, thresholds, etc.) are being downloaded correctly into the
>the trigger?
>

>On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Adrian T Sindile wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>After level 2 trigger was tried on Friday at 10 AM, Chris and Taylan
>>reported they lost all left TOF TDCs...
>>Next shift reported fixing the problem (i.e. getting TDCs back - see Web).
>>Unfortunately, while looking at data from last 200 or so runs (starting
>>right after shutdown) I saw from UNH that the timing for the left TOFs is
>>still messed up.
>>So starting from run 3629 - which corresponds exactly with the time Chris
>>and Taylan reported the problem, the left TOF TDCs are all over the place.
>>
>>I am attaching two plots. In the first one you can see the timing was
>>pretty stable (almost a horizontal line until run 3629).
>>In the second plot I zoomed in some more, starting at run 3625 - it became
>>obvious then that the problem ocurred at 3629.
>>
>>I left a message on Doug's phone. We probably have not lost much time
>>anyway, since we had the power failure and everything - but I wanted to
>>let people know that from here it looks like the left TOF TDCs are not
>>stable (I am using the recently written TOF monitor and errors are
>>possible, although unlikely - the right side looks just fine).
>>
>>Adrian
>>
>>-------------------------------
>>Adrian Sindile
>>Research Assistant
>>Nuclear Physics Group
>>University of New Hampshire
>>phone: (603)862-1691
>>FAX: (603)862-2998
>>email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu
>>http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/

Vitaliy Ziskin                                Tel: (617)253-9209
MIT 26-547                          http://www.lns.mit.edu/people/vziskin/
77 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, Ma
02139
        "For long you live and high you fly
         And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
         And all you touch and all you see
         Is all your life will ever be"--Pink Floyd