[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 12/09/2003 C (8-12)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 09:51:51 EST

Operators: seely zhangchi ----

continued taking polarized H data. data is still not moving from dblast07 to the spuds (checked with KD and TB - TB will 'look into it'). but at the moment we can't crunch anything until this problem is fixed.

looked (very) briefly into background using the empty target data. compared runs: 3760-3765 3767 (empty)
to runs: 3749 3750-3756 (ABS runs)
i basically asked how many events pass the Helastic cut per coulomb of data.
(i did: flr->Draw("twl",Helastic_L) )
for empty target, i get 33 events for 152 C
for ABS target i get 2336 events for 178 C
if we call the events that pass the cut in the empty target run 'background' then the background rate from an empty target is

  rate = (33/152)/(2336/178) = 0.029

so this source of background is about 3% of our total data rate.