Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] add to checklist for shifts

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 00:39:30 EST

> Finally it is very important that we pay attention to the runlist. To
> check if a file has been finished crunching use
>
> root lr.C ###
>
> lr->Print() will give you "all the events". A non-closed file is usually
> made a zombie. A file under-process may not be updated (modification
> time) even for a period of a few hours... so "ls -l" gives you NO

once we start to use the new version of library, this will not be true
anymore. all ntuples will be "autosave"d once every 5000 triggers. It
will not be shown as a zombie.

in fact the complete of crunching of a run will be marked by generation of
charge-####.chg BY lrn!!!

all epics/scaler info are processed before any physics events are
crunched, and are flushed to dst-####.root before reconstructing the
first physics event. Once passed this point in time, one
can plot all sorts of things, using the following sequence of commands in
root cint:

root [0] .L libBlast.so
root [1] TFile f("dst-3994.root", "r")
root [3] EvEpics->Draw("fLigit:fTime")
root [4] EvEpics->Draw("fCellT:fTime")
root [6] EvScaler->Draw("fBG_Beam:fTime")
root [7] EvScaler->Draw("fBG_Beam/fScaler_Beam:fTime")

it is not hard to write a script to extract these info and make same
plots.

again, all these can be done after just a couple of minutes after the
start of crunch.

after lrn prints out one line of those annoying dots, the ntuples in lr
and flr becomes usable. one can do analysis on them as we v been doing all
this time. well, getting the correct charge is a bit harder than if the
run is completed and sealed.

well, I ll try to send a few emails and make a few scripts to illustrate
use of dst.