[BLAST_ANAWARE] dst/crunch update VI: operational aspect

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 23:42:06 EST

Hi all,

when new version is installed into ~blast:bin/, crunching procedure will
be a little different. We will announce when this finally happens. It
would probably be very soon.

with the new library and lrn, crunching simply takes: "lrn ####" this will
produce lr-####.root, flr-####.root and dst-####.root. no need to run flrn
seperately anymore.

charge.C is not mandatory for tracking based analysis. the only
information in charge.C that is not provided by lrn is the "TOF" ep
elastic rate. The only edge charge.C has would be provide the full
statistics "TOF" ep rate a few minutes after the run is end. but I agree
this is an important feature.

all macros so far written based on lr/flr should run as they did,
regardless of whether one is looking at runs crunched by old or new
version of library, or a mixture of the two.

one trick is that one can replace flr with flrpm if one wants only events
with one track in each sector with opposite charge. flrpm is a new ntuple
in flr-*.root for these kind of events. even though flrpm ntuple is not
in old flr files, init.C is patched to spot this and fall back to flr
automatically.