Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] epics+scalers

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 11:09:42 EST

> I need the meaning of the following channels:
> lvc20l:LVDT:mm.VAL 10 1
> lvc20r:LVDT:mm.VAL 11 1
> lvc27t:LVDT:mm.VAL 12 1
> lvc27b:LVDT:mm.VAL 13 1
> lvc19r:LVDT:mm.VAL 1164 1

slits, including the new "septum slit" or slit 19

> WC:mfc1_readout 55 1
> WC:mfc2_readout 56 1
> WC:mfc_SetRatioCalc 130 1

wch gas, I presume...

I want to ask vitaly, nick to check all stuff below...

> ABS:LinCompTubecalc.VAL 1165 1
> ABS:LinBRPcalc.VAL 1166 1

Compression tube of old BRP, bckg in old BRP. Now new
BRP has 2 comp tubes and more channels.. (?)

> and the difference between:
> ABS:LinCompTubecalc.VAL and ABS:IntIGCompcalc.VAL
> ABS:LinBRPcalc.VAL and ABS:IntIGBRPcalc.VAL

I think some of that is also obsolete.
But the confusion came from when the ion gauge readout controller
was opted out in favour of a direct measurament of the IG current
(we were ADC limited in the IG readout, the IG was digitizing only the
log of the signal amplitude).