[BLAST_ANAWARE] outer detector recon questions

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 13:20:01 EST

Hi, Chi, Chris, guys!
I have been looking at the outer detector info we get (useful for PID) and
I have a few questions:

- when SC pad # = -1, that means the track at hand could not be linked to
any TOF with confidence, right? (see first attachment);
- when we are not confident about the TOF, the position is assumed to be
in the horizontal plane (phi = 0)? (see second attachment);
- do the above two things have anything to do with the spikes one gets in
the reconstructed mass (see third attachment)? I am asking this, as I
think the above two things are also linked with the PID (fourth
attachment) as the number of counts for PID 42, 43 - unknown positive,
negative - looks close to the number of counts one gets for TOF pad # = -1.
Thanks!

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant