[BLAST_ANAWARE] epics, scaler timestamps question

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:45:23 EST

Hi, Chi!
Thanks for your reply earlier...
Can you please elaborate on how epics and scaler timestamps can be used
later on?

One can get physics time from:

gRecon->fRaw->CodaRead.PhysicsTime[0] - blast_std_time
gRecon->fRaw->CodaRead.PhysicsTusec[0] / 1000000.

Epics and scaler times can be obtained from:

gRecon->fRaw->CodaRead.EpicsTime - blast_std_time
gRecon->fRaw->CodaRead.ScalersTime - blast_std_time

All this can be retrieved within the loop for physics events:

if (gRecon->GetEventType() == 1) { //physics event
 // ..... get all the above timestamps;
}

So I understand we have an epics and a scaler event associated with any
physics event (is that the previous epics, scaler event)?
If something was messed up (how do we realize that, from epics event
information?), later on people can place cuts on epics timestamps?

Thanks!

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant