Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/25/2004 A (0-4)

From: Richard Milner (milner@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 09:22:57 EST

I would like the author of the email message below to contact me as soon
as possible. I am at Bates this morning and on campus this afternoon.
The message below is vulgar, unprofessional and completely unacceptable.
Worse, it indicates a recklessness which endangers the personnel and
equipment at Bates. After years of effort by BLAST collaborators and
Bates staff and millions of dollars of investment by the US taxpayer,
BLAST is taking data. In twenty five years of carrying out techically
challenging experiments at SLAC, IUCF, DESY and JLab, I have not seen as
complicated an experiment as BLAST run so well. In the coming months we
have the opportunity to take world class data on fundamental quantities.
I assure you I will not let this individual subvert our efforts to do that.
I will take whatever action that needs to be taken to eliminate such emotional
and immature distractions.

Richard