[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/03/2004 A (0-4)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 03:38:02 EST

Operators: ajmasch yxiao vziskin

a tough night for the beam. no beam until midnight. then many 1/2 hour beam complications. still, though, we managed to take the requested data.

we compared the various scalar physX values. it appears that the discrepancy in left/right phys6 triggers was mostly solved by plugging in the right sector l2trig cables. the discrepancy in triggers between left and right sectors is now on the order of 10% or so, much lower than previously.

looking on nsed, a nearly equal number of positron tracks in the left and right sectors were seen. as such, upon doug's advice, the beam bumping runs were ignored. instead, 4 100k runs (runs 5264, 5266, 5269, and 5270) were taken, each one individually moving in the left, right, top, and bottom slits until the lifetime dropped from 20min to 10min. once again, no apparent left/right discrepancy was seen.

now on to normal data taking. started with run 5271.