[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 03/03/2004 F (20-24)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 23:40:56 EST

Operators: seely vziskin vziskin

Great beam. Low BQMs. Took 4 unpol H2 runs 5297-5300. Switched to pol D2.

Dead time is 75% at injection, down to 50% at the end of a fill. In my estimate, overall dead time is 60%.

After unpol was done Hauke called in and said that the pressure in the BRP chamber is in the 6 scale. Suspicion that an ion pump tripped. Asked for an access. Meanwhile, took run 5301. Upon an access into South Hall found out that an ion pump went off. Decided that it is not worth dropping a BLAST field to go into the pit and try to fix it now. Peter Binns will look at it first thing in a morning. For now running without BRP (v15 is closed).

Data from last night (3/3/04) does not look good. There is a large discrepancy between left and right vector asymmetries (very large in left, very small in right). Doug told me that a spin flipper was on but I saw no effidence of it in the data stream ( helflip = 1 all the time). This variable is read directly from the adc which is set directly from pol control, right? At any rate, I believe that we are unnecessarily complicating situation with the spin flipper at a time when the data is hard to analyse as it is.