Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] [BLAST_ANAWARE] more deadtime (fwd)

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 13:09:06 EST

Richard is correct. We do have a polarized target of anywhere from 65%
to 75% (to be more precise within this range we need more involved
analysis). I'm monitoring this day by day and I believe that I showed
collaboration evidence of a target vector polarization. There is also
evidence of strong tensor polarization though more work is needed on
this channel. I believe that when all said and done all of the data
will have to be cut on cerenkov anyway, so we loose little when we put
cerenkov into the trigger (we do loose channels with no electron in the
final state). Also, I looked at hydrogen runs we took few days ago to
see if we reconstruct beam energy correctly. We do if the electron is
on the right and with electron on the left a correction to an electron
momentum of 5% is needed (~40 MeV). However, resolution is still subpar
(~50 MeV) and needs to be addressed.

                                                       Cheers, Vitaliy