Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tensor polarization results

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 12:30:45 EST

Hi, Richard, Vitaliy!
I have been analyzing polarized H2 runs from December - I am also seeing
problems on the electron-left side. This might have nothing to do with the
recent D2 runs, but I thought I would mention it since you asked.

Please take a look at the attached plot (please ignore poor binning and
the X axis error bars, this is an older plot I happened to have around).
>From my plot, we can see an acceptance gap on the electron-left side
(the two upper plots are theta distribution, different colors for
different helicities).

I took great care at selecting ep events from about 300 runs - this is
not perfect, but I am now 90% sure the problem is real.
I do not know if this is relevant... but if we have a detector problem,
that might also play into D2 analysis.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant