Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tensor polarization results

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 08:59:59 EST

Richard,
Which side gives 20%? This maybe a strange coincidence but the tensor
asymmetry for d(e,e'p)n also shows 20+/-12 % target polarization in
electron-left sector and 65 +/- 10% in electron-right sector. To me
this seems too strange of a coincidence, espacialy considering that
vector (e,e'p)n results are consistent in both sectors. I, however, do
not see how a target field can effect only tensor asymmetry and not
vector. One thing to keep in mind is that BLAST is not symmetric for
de(e,e'n)p.

                                                                Cheers,
Vitaliy