Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] tensor polarization results

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 14:54:53 EST

Chi Zhang wrote:

>> Cross-sections is another matter. I do see that one of the sectors
>>

>I believe asymmetry is the difference between two cross sections.

   Actually, it is not. We calculate asymmetry separately for the Left
and Right sector, and difference
in the "cross sections" for Left and Right doesn't come into tha game.

>>has low-momentum events cut off
>>somewhat, but that could be attributed to different reasons. To begin
>>with, does reconstruction take
>>into account particles bending in the holding field?
>>

>typical track lengths are 3m. width of the target box is 10cm. holding
>field ~ 300G, blast field ~3000G. so the effect of field integrated over
>the path(or time spent on the path) makes the holding field effect <1%.

   With electron angle of only 25 degrees, the electron path is much
longer and the total angle
accumulated in the magnet is about 1 degree. Not much, but not
negligable either.
    Genya