[BLAST_ANAWARE] my latest results from pol H2 December runs

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 23:53:43 EST

Hi, Chris (and folks)!
I have been looking at the same December runs you mention. More
specifically, runs between 3787 and 4208 (polarized runs) with the
following integrated charge:

Charge for Negative Helicity: 13410.2 C
Charge for Positive Helicity: 12970.1 C

I am attaching a few gif files:

1) asym.gif, thetaPhi.gif - do you see the same effect on the left
electron side? I think we can track this down to one or two WC boxes
turned way down... I am not sure which ones (there are elog notes about
L29 and L30 having less hits, also R17, R18 being turned off in December
causing the coincidence electrons on the left to disappear maybe? If a
WC expert remembers more about this, it would be helpful to know);

The asym.gif shows the latest result I get (there are error bars on the X
axis, they are just very small);

2) From my kinematics.gif plot, I can say your momentum resolution agrees
with the one I get (43 MeV), even if I did not recrunch using Chi's WC
calibration... do you also get such theta resolution (10 degrees)? It
can also be seen in p-th-correlations.gif (upper right). From the same last
p-th-correlations.gif file one can also see how my cuts clean up spectra
really well (I started with the same 2D plot like the one you posted in
your message, corresponding to the lower left plot in p-th-correlations.gif);

3) Last, I was able to track down the double TOF ADC peaks you can see in
LeftScADC.gif to the fact that between runs 3874 and 4072 we had a +5V
power supply from the right ROC, creating loops and shifting the left
ADCs (see Karen's elog message about this from December 18th)... If one
takes those runs out, or runs only on them, the left ADC peaks look
normal, like the right ADCs.

I think everything pretty much makes sense in my ep selection now, I will
go about extracting the super-ratio and form factor ration next.

Anyway, I wanted to send this and see to what degree our independent
analyses agree - completely in the end, I hope. :-)

Adrian

-------------------------------
Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu
http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Chris Crawford wrote:

> hi,
> the buds are now available for crunching. i tested them on a recrunch
> of the december data (500 runs, 30.7kC unpol + 27.7kC pol), located in
> $ANALDIR/v3_1, which took about 2 days. half of the runs (3490-3785)
> were crunched from the coda file, while the remainder (3787-4237) were
> recrunched from dst (the set in $ANALDIR/dstest). there was a problem
> with the ups's overloading, but now only a few buds give warnings, and
> you can ignore them.
> the runs were crunched with Chi's WireCal k-factor calibrations, and
> the resolution improved by roughly a factor of 2 down to 44 MeV (for all
> tracks with Chi^2 as bad as 100000 (corresponding to 6cm wire resolution).
> i also tagged a stable version v3_1 of BlastLib2 to accompany the
> recrunch. i'm still working on the extracted asymmetries and form
> factor ratio--more to come..
> --chris

asym.gif

kinematics.gif