Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] ABS Chiller problem indicated by Nozzle Temperature Controller

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 19:49:51 EDT

Apparently, this did not necessitate further action. I called Genya from the
Mezzazine to assure myself I was looking at the correct light, he notified me
that this should not turn out to be a problem unless ligit drops. So we will
now continue running. Vitaly also just called and notified me that we simply
need to check a sensor on Tuesday's access but this shouldn't cause any problems.

eugene

Quoting "Eugene J. Geis" <Eugene.Geis@asu.edu>:

> Hauke called and told me that the Nozzle and Cell temperature
> controllers
> tripped about 11 hours ago. These can be restarted in their respective
> windows
> on dblast10 by hitting the button "control" in the drop-down window...
> this will
> change the green status label from MONITOR to CONTROL. You'll know that
> these
> have tripped when you see oscillating unphysical temperatures in the
> TARGET gui
> on the overhead monitors. If it continues to trip regularly or simply
> does not
> change from MONITOR to CONTROL, call someone. This problem seems to be
> with the
> Chiller. I'm presently making an access and checking the status of the
> chiller
>
> eugene

Eugene Geis
PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science
eugene.geis@asu.edu
      ** Check Out the Phatty Acidz @ http://www.phattyacidz.com **