Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] RUNLIST-D2.2.2004 etc etc etc

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 09:39:39 EDT

Hi peter, I do understand now what you mean by runs with missing e-map. We
have had times the elog did not work (indeed on 5/14/04, kfmclient copy
'http://blast02.lns.mit.edu/elog/2004/05/14/23976.html' .).

Typically if the check_go/check_end tcl scripts do not run or "jam" then
the corresponding run-entries must be inserted manually in the db.

This is one reason why people on shift should always let people know asap
if elog is not running. You should expect a window at the START of the
run and at the END, else we may have a problem. Sometimes the END-of-run
window is slow popping up and we start a new entry before having committed
the old one which maybe is the main source of problems right now

I will add the runs you are missing but please send me a complete list.
Since you are already at an advanced stage, it is time for me to look into
e-map bugs and create an offline archive for analysis as discussed.

Note: to correct just a few runlist db entries we already have a handy
tool: ~elog/bin/view.tcl which allows you to edit any field. finally
note that the elog runlist search feature works... (search by field
polarity being added right now..!)

P.S.
my "gui" 1.5 cents: a root macro

-- t
Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949