[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 15:17:38 EDT

        Ran ABS deuterium until around 8am. Then a problem with a power supply in
the polarized source cost an hour. After that, Bill, Larry, Jan and Fuhua
worked on a Compton tune that would also be good for the experiment. They
have made a lot of progress, to the point where it is worth trying to use it.

        The hall is open now for the MIT Alumni tour. The BLAST power supply trip
during ramping is also being diagnosed. The wire chamber gas bottles are
being changed. After the tour and power supply tests, the hall will be
closed. Then we will run ABS deuterium, injecting at 150mA (or 155mA, if
possible). If the tune is not clean enough for the experiment, more work
may be done on the tune. We should be no more than 25% dead at the top of
the fill, and the wire chamber scalers should read 20 or less at the top of
the fill. If the tune is not satisfactory, we should ask to go back to the
tune we had overnight.

        The plan is to run ABS deuterium until Mondaymorning, at which point we
will switch to unpolarized deuterium WITH V14 CLOSED -- Genya will do
this. Monday evening (6pm or so) we will begin to run empty
target. Shutdown begins 6/8 at 7am.

        Please see the attachment. Karen will be coordinating from Virginia
Sunday afternoon to Monday night. Call her Nextel (978-490-4121), hotel
(757-249-0200) or JLab (Monday, CODA workshop, 757-269-7100). Doug is
reachable in Toronto (905-737-5269). Tancredi and Michael are reachable at
home. Tancredi will run the Monday daily BLAST meeting.

                                        Karen