Re:[BLAST_ANAWARE] corrupt LAD offset table?

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@AESIR.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 11:46:24 EDT

>Hi!
>Peter has brought to my attention that LAD_TDC_RUN cannot be accessed
>anymore. I tried it myself and indeed I got the following error message:
>
>mysql> select distinct RunNumber from LAD_TDC_RUN;
>ERROR 1016: Can't open file: 'LAD_TDC_RUN.MYD'. (errno: 145)
>
>Is anyone aware of this and does anyone know what might have caused it?
>To me, it looks like a corrupt file and I would happily try and fix it,
>however I do not have the password from the mysql account (I am not
>speaking of the root password for the database, I have that - what is
>needed is the password of the mysql account on blast05, or the root
>password on blast05).
>
>I would say the recommended way of recovering this is using the MySQL
>utilities. If we go back to Ernie's backups, I am sure a lot of
>information since this file got corrupted might be lost...
>Of course, if MySQL does not help, we will have to use those backups.

Tancredi told me that restoring the files from my backups was sufficient
enough and that anything after the time of the backup could be regenerated
easily.

I restored the files LAD_TDC_RUN.MYD and LAD_TDC_RUN.MYI from my daily backup
on Saturday at 10:15PM. I renamed the corrupt files to LAD_TDC_RUN.MYD.bad
and LAD_TDC_RUN.MYI.bad just in case they are still needed.

Ernie