Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] Cerenkov L0 noisy tube

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 13:57:11 EDT

         I was thinking primarily of the hardware trigger, making sure we
were not throwing out any events, or spending too much time on events we
know are garbage. From what Baris just told me, LC0 is efficient, and the
LCer0 ADC spectrum looks like the others; we DO in fact see the real events
in LCer0. But there is also a lot of noise that fires the LCer0 TDC.

         If I understand Eugene correctly, in the (e,e'n) analysis, for a
neutron on the right you cut on whether a Left Cerenkov TDC fired, in order
to get clean events. If LCer0 were quiet, you would not even have to worry
about whether the left Cerenkov that fired was related to the TOF that
fired. To clean up all the data we've taken so far, if the left Cerenkov
is #0, you have to also ask if the TOF number is 0 to 4 (or maybe 5?) to
allow for edge effects.

         Is my understanding correct? If so, then we just have to weigh
the work and risks of changing the tube against the gain in (e,e'n) analysis.

                                                         Karen