Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] spud disks

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 21:41:40 EDT

Hi Chris and TB,

the idea of scratching lr pops up in my mind once every few weeks too.
everytime I realize we need that huge monster for WC efficiency purpose.
maybe in near future we will sit down and answer this question carefully,
then we may only need to generate lr for one in each few runs.

> one way to cut down on disk space would be to substitute 'flrpm' for
> 'flr'. of course, people wanting only one track (inclusive) would have
> to make their own filter from 'lr'.

Nick may pick on that :)

> it would be nice to have an option in 'lrd' to read from $ANALDIR and
> write to a different $OUTDIR before any more recrunches from dst. i
> already tried to do this once unsuccessfuly, but i think it's just a
> matter of spending more time on it.

I admit I did not spend a lot of time on this, tried, did not work out. I
will go back to it.