Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] spud disks

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 21:56:28 EDT

To throw in my coin,

> the idea of scratching lr pops up in my mind once every few weeks too.
> everytime I realize we need that huge monster for WC efficiency purpose.
> maybe in near future we will sit down and answer this question carefully,
> then we may only need to generate lr for one in each few runs.
If wire chamber efficiency is the *only* reason for the existence of lr,
why don't we generate a smaller ntuple with only those necessary entries
for TOF and Wch (and discard any BAT, NC, LADS info). This would make
those files much smaller than lr.

> > one way to cut down on disk space would be to substitute 'flrpm' for
> > 'flr'. of course, people wanting only one track (inclusive) would have
> > to make their own filter from 'lr'.
>
> Nick may pick on that :)
Me and probably Vitaliy, too! There is only one charged track for e,e'n
events!

  Michael