Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] my Pzz

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 15:07:25 EDT

Hi Michael, Genya and all.

I apolagive first that I need to make a correction on the plots I sent out
last night on the experimental Asymmetry. Just now, I found that my code
was left in the state to project error bars for the rest of the year so
error bars in the plot last night are dramtically shrinked.

Please see the atatched figure again this time for the correct error
bars. And the Pzz fitted with corrected statistical errors are
essentially same in value as last night but with larger (more reasonable)
statistical errors:

parallel kinematics: 52+-12%
perpendicular kinematics: 62+-7%
combined: 56.9+-6.5%

THE PLOT SHOWS THAT THE 3RD DATA POINT IN Q2 IS ONLY SLIGHTLY MORE THAN
1-SIGMA OFF THE FIT.

Fitting only the first two points gives 52+-8%. Either way, it is much
better than ever before. (40cm47deg: 42%, 60cm/47deg 27%, 60cm/32deg 36%)

So it seems to me that: ed elastic data is still consistant with itself in
the range of Q2<0.3(GeV/c)^2. tensor polarization is very high, as is
vector polarization(Vitaliy). But I don't have the knowledge to determine
if it is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Maybe some magic happened during the
holiday. :)

In the mean time, spin angle that yields the best fit for left and right
sector seems to be below slightly 30 degree. Not enough stat to determine
this precisely yet.

I checked the yield vs. Q2 in each combination of Pe><0, Pz>=<0 and