[BLAST_SHIFTS] Run plan for tonight

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 16:05:15 EDT

Snake fill is complete. Ops also worked on the linac tune during the day
shift. Hall is now being closed up.

Tonight, we will begin with unpolarized D2. Assuming that we get beam in
Ring early in evening shift, we will then switch back to ABS running for
the owl shift. Genya is setting up the unpolarized system. He will call
in late in the evening shift and talk the shift crew through the change to
polarized D2. If for some reason, the beam does not restore and we don't
get sufficient unpolarized data during evening shift, we will run it until
morning. Genya will make the decision on this.

Analysis of last night's unpolarized hydrogen data showed that the
normalized rate was down by 25% despite reasonable target pressure. This
is not understood and there was a request for someone else to look at the
data to confirm this conclusion. Shift crew should closely monitor rates
and target pressure tonight to ensure that they remain steady.

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*