[BLASTTALK] bfield problem fixed

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 11:10:32 EDT

  the problems with the b-field that i reported earlier this month were
not due to the fieldmap nor its extension with with biot-savart
calculations; the map was not extended far enough. as you can see in
the attachment, the strange effects of the edge are due to quadratic
interpolation on the 5cm x 5cm grid (black).
  chi has gone through and extended the range in phi with a simple
quadratic extrapoltion on the boundaries.
while the fit isn't perfect (see the attachment, red), it should be
adequate for our purposes. it is extended even past the physical
boundaries of the coils in order to give the newton fitter a larger
radius of convergence. the changes have been checked into cvs, and
should be used in the next recrunch.
--chris