[BLAST_ANAWARE] Not another meeting

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 21:44:23 EDT

Collegues,
May I take an initiative and propose that we spend a day talking about a
current state of blastmc. There has been a lot of work done and a lot
of work going on. This will give us an opportunity to catch with what
people have done and maybe coordinate our work for the future.
I think that next to getting better wire chamber resolution, getting
blastmc working right is the most important thing for us right now (in
this case I'm mostly talking about DGen).
The meeting could be a pure disscussion or mixture of presentations and
discussions. Possible topics could be:

1) Numerical methods in DGen (some disscussion already occured between
certain people)
2) Crossection weighted vs. white generator
3) Realistic resolution in blastmc
4) Neutron efficiency
5) Asymmetries out of DGen and blastmc (I have been working on this
recently)
6) Using DGen and blastmc to extract physical observables
7) Large acceptance and monte carlo, experience from other experiments

I'm sure I'm missing a some (many) topics. But the bottom line is that
there should be a fruitful discussion as to how we can make blastmc work
for all physics at BLAST.
This is just a suggestion. Let me know what you think. For all the
meeting that we had concerning wire chamber resolution (most important
thing for us right now) we are yet to have a full (or large part of )
collaboration discussion on blastmc.