Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] minimal momentum for tracks

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 09:29:00 EDT

Hi, as said at meeting no objections (I believe).

However one more comment: these "tails" of distributions (very low p,
large z) are useful to normalize to in a background model, e.g. comparison
of empty to gas data. I don't think the momentum cuts are too stringent
for that. I feel that should be enough and I would not cut on Z (it is
already cut to +- 50 cm, right ?)

-- tancredi
Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949