[BLAST_ANAWARE] minimal momentum for tracks

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 13:12:09 EDT

Hi,

To put something in meeting to action, I would like to ask for objections
to raise minimal track momentum for the coming recrunch to 150MeV.

The proposal is that when recrunching from DST, lrd will skip any tracks
with momentum below 150MeV reconstructed by the original crunch from lrn.
The hope is that this will fasten up the recrunch by a lot without impact
on any physics analysis.

So the question is that is there any analysis expecting electons, protons,
pions with momentum lower than say 200MeV? If so please yell out loud
ASAP, before a cutoff is coded in. Please leave enough room for error
though, if you want 150MeV protons, it is probably safe to ask for a lower
cut off, say 110-120.

I also propose a cut off of: |Z|<35cm. If you look at online GUI, you ll
see that there is a big chunk of data from outside this range yet all we
use are within +-20cm.

Please let me know of any opinion ASAP so I can prepare the code for the
recrunch.