[BLAST_ANAWARE] recrunch problems?

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 18:19:07 EDT

Hi!
I just took a quick look at the newly recrunched H2 data (April,
inbending) - recrunch was finished today, I believe. I am using the same
cuts I used before recrunch - first observation, I am getting 470K elastic
events compared to 514K events for the same range of runs, same cuts...

In the first attached plot, I think the TOF hit distribution (for the
selected tracks) looks weird... doesn't it?
In the second plot, something is really bad about the reconstructed proton
mass... especially in the right sector...
The third plot might provide some explanation for this mess(?)... on the
top pictures, you would expect two gaussians (e-p coplanarity). On
the bottom pictures, the slope should be negative, from the same reason
(when an electron hits high a paddle on the left, the corresponding proton
should hit low another paddle on the right)...

Maybe some definition changed in the reconstruction codes (a plus sign
becoming minus, for example)? Maybe somebody can comment on these plots?
Is everybody seeing what I am seeing?
Thanks!

Adrian

Adrian Sindile