Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] [BLAST_SHIFTS] autocruncher double crunch 100kC worth of data affected

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 15:11:54 EDT

Hi all, after discussed with Taylan about the problem, I had to kick my
own ass again :). The problem was not due to the autocruncher but a bug I
personally checked in to lrn on Sept 16 and migrated to blast account
when, I think, I changed code to yank out BATS from recrunch.

The situation is:
1. dst files are corrupted in the sense that a event with tracks is
        copied multiple times until the next event with tracks arrives.
2. lr, flr, ep_skim files are unaffected. (a big relief for me and answer
        my question why my results still made sense).
3. A macro can be written to filter the good events from DST and make new
        dst files, on the other hand, recrunching affected runs from
        scratch is expected to take less than a week.

4. the bug in lrn is fixed by restoring the file to the state prior to
revision 1.119, compiled and overwrote lrn_v3.4.1 in bin dir.
changes(involving swapping two lines of code) checked into CVS.

my deep apology for snapping so soon before deep investigation and thanks
to Taylan to bring me back to reasoning.