[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 10/18/2004 C (17-1)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 01:07:55 EDT

Operator: akdogan

Pretty smooth shift, in general.

The shift began with an hour of interruption due to injection problems.
After fixing the problems, the injection improved significantly compared
to the state before the problem: 1) There is no drop at the top of the fill,
2) the injection is faster; it is only 80 seconds between the DAQ-inhibit,
and DAQ-enable. Requested to increase the current from 150mA to
155mA, which happened w/o any problem.

Peter Binns came in at 9:30, as planned, to switch to empty target, and warm
up the ABS for tomorrow, since then we're taking empty target data.

ABS-D2 runs: 12010 12012-12013
Empty target runs; 12015-12017

All of them are being crunched.

After switching to empty, the beam lifetime increased, naturally, to the avg of
about 28mins. Requested to increase the dump current to 115mA (for 150mA
injection-28min lifetime, 1.2min dead time). The maximum data-on-type scale
showed about 360C/hrs with this setting.

Beam polarization is suspiciously good, at about 68% (we better have a look at
this in detail for systematic changes that happened last few days)

Taylan